NRI Students: Admission procedure
The applicant seeking admission under NRI quota should apply to Anna University, Chennai (Director, Student Affairs) on prescribed form paying Rs.1000/- along with following documents for Provisional Eligibility Certificate.
The Non-Resident Indian (NRI), sponsoring and financially supporting the candidate must be a blood relation such as father/mother/brother/sister/uncle/aunt only.
The Students must submit the following original certificates/attested photocopies to the Director, Students Affairs, Anna University, Chennai:-
- Letter from the sponsor stating that he/she would meet the expenditure towards the student’s study for the entire period – original
- Passport and visa of the sponsor – attested photocopy
- NRI bank account statement – original.
- Employer certificate of the sponsor – original.
- Proof of relationship between the sponsor and the candidate signed by Tahsildar or competent authority – original.
- Evidence of payment of development charges US $1,000 – Photocopy
- Embassy letter – original.
- No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of Human Resources Development of the Government of India.
- Eligibility certificate from Anna University, Chennai.
- Student Visa, passport and resident permit. (Please note that original certificates are to be given at the time of admission.)
- Migration Certificate.
Instructions for filling up the Application Form :
- All details on the form must be completed in full and signed by the candidate himself / herself and parent.
- The applicant must ensure that the address on the Application Form and the Acknowledgement Card are the addresses for communication of admission details by the ACE. The onus of intimating change of address, if any, after submission of Application Form to the ACE rests with the candidate.
- Applicants should mention their contact telephone numbers at appropriate place for future communication.
- Latest passport size photograph should be attached at the appropriate place on the Application Form.
Authentication of Copies of Certificates :
All Mark sheets and other certificates, not attached in original, must be duly certified as true copies by a Gazetted Officer. Failure in this regard will render the Application null and void.
Furnishing of False and Incorrect Information :
In case it is found at any stage that a candidate has knowingly furnished false information on the Application, his/her admission, if granted, will be cancelled, and all fees and charges paid by him/her will be forfeited. The case will be reported to the University for debarring such a candidate from admission to any college in India.